Why Do I Need A Facial?
A facial is the best way to ensure you see the long term results you want in your skin. Aestheticians, also called skin therapists, can teach you how to care for your skin properly. The practice of aesthetics covers a variety of different techniques and treatments, one of which includes providing facials and caring for the health of the skin.
Steps In A Facial Treatment
- Assessment: The aesthetician learns about your current skin care routine and any concerns you have.
- Cleansing: The esthetician removes any makeup and surface buildup with a cleansing product such as a cleansing gel, oil or water.
- Skin Analysis: The aesthetician takes a close look at your complexion, often using magnification, to identify your skin’s current state.
- Steaming: The esthetician often incorporates steam to soften pore congestion and assist with extractions, should you need them.
- Exfoliating: The aesthetician applies an exfoliating treatment to remove the buildup of dead skin cells. Typically, this treatment will be of a higher concentration than exfoliants you use at home.
- Extraction: The aesthetician performs extractions if needed, clearing away blackheads and whiteheads.
- Facial Massage: To relax the facial muscles and assist the skin with absorbing further products, the aesthetician massages the face gently but thoroughly.
- Masking: One or more face masks are applied, each of which are carefully selected based on your skin assessment and analysis.
- Finishing: The aesthetician completes the treatment with the appropriate finishing steps including toner, serums, moisturizers, eye care and SPF to condition and protect your skin from environmental stressors.
You will find that the aesthetician will adjust these steps depending on your skin type or concerns. For example, should you be a sensitive skin type, they may not use steam. If you are not struggling with clogged pores, they may not perform extractions. If you have concerns about any step during a facial, don’t hesitate to ask the esthetician to explain their process.
Schedule an Appointment Now!
Use our quick and easy online booking system to schedule your next appointment. We can't wait to see you!